Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame." - B.K.S. Linegar
On My Mat Yoga is located in a small, second floor studio at 1309 E. McMillan in East Walnut Hills, Cincinnati, Ohio. Like a tree house, it is full of natural light with views of the sky and treetops. See full class schedule here.
Tips For Your Yoga Practice
Aim for patience and self-love- not perfect poses- and use these strategies as you build your confidence.
1. Keep your eyes on your own mat! Watching more experienced yogis in an all-level class can be discouraging. Your instructor, your body, and your breath are your most valuable teachers.
2. Use props to help poses feel safer and more accessible. For example, place blocks under your hands in Low Lunge, Triangle, and Warrior Pose III.
3. Use your own body to modify poses. For example, try placing your knees on your mat in Plank or Chaturanga.
4. If you never test your limits, you'll never learn what they are. Practice with a courageous heart and seek the challenge in every pose, every practice, every meditation.
5. Consistency is the key to progress. Start small and build a steady and committed practice. Gradually increase the length and frequency of your practice.